The Third West African Organic Agriculture Conference will take place in Cotonou (Benin) on 26-29 August 2014. The central theme of this Third West African Organic Agriculture conference is entitled: “Institutionalizing Ecological and Organic Agriculture in West Africa under Climate change”. This conference provides an opportunity to contribute to defining mechanisms to integrate the principles of organic and ecological agriculture in agricultural development policies and strategies in West Africa countries.
During this conference, activities and discussions will be organized around three main sessions, five parallel meetings and one panel, excursion. The following thematic areas will be addressed at the conference:
For the first day, the three main sessions will be presented as:
- Session 1: Ecological and organic agriculture for food and improvement of the living conditions of the populations in West Africa: Currents status and challenges
- Session 2: Institutionalizing ecological and organic agriculture: Currents status, challenges and perspectives.
- Section 3: Participatory Guarantee System
During the second day, topics developed will be as follow:
- Parallel session 1: Ecological and organic agriculture and adaptation to climate change
- Parallel session 2: Ecological and Organic Agriculture: what contribution to food security and poverty reduction?
- Parallel session 3: Socio-economy of the production of organic cotton in West Africa
- Parallel session 4: Innovation Platforms of for the promotion of ecological and organic Agriculture
- Parallel section 5: Access mechanisms and governance of seed for ecological and organic agriculture; what biotechnical risks?
- Panel: Political support for integration of ecological and organic agriculture: Currents status, Challenges and perspectives.
The third day marks the end of the conference and will be focused on excursion on Sémé-Kpodji and on different organic shop.
Don’t miss this conference and know more about current status and challenges of ecological and organic agriculture in West Africa, follow us on twitter and Facebook via tag #WACOAg3 and the account @baclababel for my tweets;¶facebook.com/fagbandou for my posts.¶
Traduit en anglais par par Kenou Christel, journaliste citoyen pour la conférence WACOAg